Fingers Malloy has produced podcasts for over 10 years. Is he responsible for the medium’s explosion in popularity? Maybe. We really have no way of knowing for sure.
Either way, the field is exploding. More than half the U.S. population has listened to a podcast. Of those listeners, 80% listen to all or most of each episode for 7 episodes a week on average.
These people are loyal. Almost in a weird Swimfan way.
Who are these people? According to the Edison Research Podcast Consumer 2019 report:
- Nearly 1 in 4 Americans listen to podcasts weekly
- 40% of Americans age 54 and under listen to podcasts monthly
- 41% of podcast listeners earn $75,000+ per year
- 54% of listeners say hearing about a product or service on an episode makes them more likely to consider purchasing it
A podcast can build your brand and make you money. There’s only one catch- it has to be good.
Successful podcasts have the production quality of a terrestrial radio show. Fingers Malloy is a seasoned talk show host who knows from experience that even the most entertaining shows will fail if the sound quality is hot garbage.
Fingers can help you produce a podcast that is both:
- Worthy of people’s time
- Worthy of sponsors’ money